Brisbane is getting its first LEGO Certified Store – UPDATED WITH A REVIEW!
LEGO Store Grand Opening On This Weekend – Don’t Miss Out!
Brisbane’s first LEGO certified store is opening this SATURDAY in Westfield Chermside shopping centre! ITS HUGE! With over 205sqm of LEGO Awesomeness – this is one store opening you are not going to want to miss!
With doors opening at 9am on Saturday 19th October, and LEGO lovers big and small will be sure to be delighted by this brand-new custom-built LEGO store!
The LEGO certified store isn’t just full of LEGO – it is full of inspiration, featuring several awe-inspiring LEGO sculptures which draw inspiration from Queensland icons, including:
- A bespoke hand-made mosaic of Brisbane’s Story Bridge – made from 137,311 individual bricks and taking 337 hours, or 42 working days, to build
- A hand-made custom 3D ‘Aussie Adventurer’ model – featuring 70,000 bricks and taking 396 hours, or almost 50 working days, to build
With a vast range of LEGO, including rare or hard-to-find products, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
*Fun LEGO Fact – If you built a column of about 40,000,000,000 LEGO bricks, it would reach the moon!*
But its not all about the shopping, LEGO does mean to ‘play well’ from the Danish words ‘leg godt’ after all, and the store has been built with this in mind. For the kids (and our) enjoyment the LEGO Store also features:
- Pick a Brick Wall – a collection of pieces to select from at any given time
- Build Your Own Minifigure Stations – Here you can custom build your very own LEGO Minifigure, including heads, torsos, legs, hats and accessories. (Could be a great Christmas present for someone *hint hint*)
- LEGO Play Tables – Giving children the opportunity to get creative and build whatever they imagine! This could be the new place to drop by for a break with the kids while shopping!
Opening Day Details and Special offers
Doors open at 9am, Saturday 19 October 2019. The LEGO Certified Store is located on level 1 at Westfield Chermside. Spend $199 in one transaction to receive a limited-edition LEGO store set (until stocks last).
The first 100 people through the door will receive a free gift – so grab a coffee and get there early!
Also featured at the grand opening – LEGO Masters Champions Henry and Cade will be signing your new sets! Face painting, balloon art and your favourite LEGO® characters Emmet and Wyldstyle from the LEGO Movie in-store from 9am to 2pm.
Shop 380A, Level 1
Mums of Brisbane Review
We checked out the new LEGO store on opening day and we were super impressed. While the opening day was very busy, the store has been open for two weeks now, so it has settled down.
We really enjoyed our time at the LEGO store, there was something for both big and little kids alike.
The LEGO mosaic of the Story Bridge is breathtaking. It was my favourite part of the whole store.
The kids really loved the TV that could show you a 3D simulation of the LEGO while it was still in the box.
There was so. much. lego. – which is what you would expect from a LEGO store #AmIRight – from complex sets to easier ones to get started on. If you are just stopping by, there are heaps of models to check out, and a section where kids can build their own LEGO creations too.
It’s a great store where you can have lots of fun. Worth a visit if you are in Westfield Chermside (its in between David Jones and Woolworths, near the Apple Store).
Katie – Editor, Mums of Brisbane.